IMPORTANT --> Mail server name is mail.yourdomain.com (@yourdomain.com) of your email address. For example, if your email is firstname.lastname@example.org use mail.cwo.com, if your email is email@example.com use mail.succeed.net, etc.
Outlook Express 6, MS Outlook 98/2000 for Windows 98 or XP):
From the Outlook Express "Tools" menu, choose "Accounts".
- Click the index-tab labeled "Mail".
- Click to highlight your SUCCEED.NET email account, and click "Properties".
- Click the "Servers" index-tab.
- In the "Server Information" section, make sure "Outgoing mail (SMTP)" is set to mail.succeed.net* (or mail.cwo.com, or mail.nls.net, etc)
- In the "Outgoing Mail Server" section, check the box for "My server requires authentication".
- Click the "Settings..." button.
If your incoming mail server is a SUCCEED.NET server too, you can check "Use same settings as my incoming mail server". Otherwise, check "Log on using", and type your SUCCEED.NET mail account username and password here.
- Click "OK".
- Click the Advanced index-tab.
- Change the Outgoing mail (SMTP): to 587
- Click "OK" to return to "Internet Accounts", and close the window.
Open Microsoft Outlook XP or 2007
From the Tools pull down menu, select "Email Accounts" (Office XP) or "Account Settings" (Office 2007).
Double click your email account entry.
In the "Server Information section" make sure your Outgoing (SMTP) mail server is set to mail.succeed.net* (or mail.cwo.com, etc see above note)
Click the button labeled "More Settings".
Click on the tab labeled "Outgoing Server"
Check the box for "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication"
If your incoming mail server is a succeed.net email server you can check "Use same settings as my incoming mail server". Otherwise, check "Log on using", and type your SUCCEED.NET mail account username and password here.
Click the Advanced index-tab.
Change the Outgoing mail (SMTP): to 587
Click "OK" to return to "Internet Accounts", and close the window.
- Open Windows Mail.
- From the Tools menu select Accounts. The Internet Accounts box appears.
- Click on your account to highlight it, then click the Properties button on the right. The mail account properties appear.
- Select the Servers tab.
- In the boxes marked Incoming and Outgoing mail (SMTP) ensure that you have mail.succeed.net or mail.cwo.com (see above note)
- Under Account or User Name ensure you have the full email address inputted
- Under the Outgoing Mail Server section check the box My server requires authentication and click the Settings. button. The Outgoing Mail Server box appears.
- Click the circle-box Use same settings as my incoming server.
- Click OK to close the Outgoing Mail Server box.
- Click the Advanced tab and change the outgoing SMTP Port to 587
- Click OK to close the Properties box. Click the Close button. SMTP authentication has now been enabled.
With the mail program open click on mail next to the apple and select preferences.
In the Accounts section of the window which opens up, click on the user account you want to edit, the settings will appear on the right.
Click on drop down menu to the right of Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP).
Choose "Edit SMTP server list".
Click on the mail server named mail.succeed.net (or your email server name for your domain).
Click on the Advanced button.
Make sure Use Default Ports 25 ,465, 587 is selected.
Next to Authentication, select Password. The username and password will be your full email account and email password.
Click OK, then close with the red button at the top left. Chose "Save Settings" if asked.
1. Go to Tools, then Account Settings
2. Select Outgoing Server (SMTP) at the bottom of the Account Settings page
3. Highlight the outgoing server you wish to change and click Edit
4. Under server name input mail.succeed.net* (change to your email domain name) and input 587 as the server port
5. Select use name and password and input the full email address in the user name field
6. Select No for use secure connection.
7. Click OK and OK